Friday, September 11, 2009

KUALA KANGSAR, TAIPING & BUKIT LARUT

Bingka ubi vs Kuih Jagung
From Tasik Banding I drove all the way to Kuala Kangsar...still have no idea where to stay that night. We reach KK around 4.30pm and made a tour around the town to find hotel. Wow, Kuala Kangsar is a very nice and beautiful town. No wonder...it's a royal town. We found a hotel in the middle of the town but didn't feel really comfortable to stay there. Then we found a homestay signboard but unfortunately both of the houses were fully booked. Lastly, we found a rest house and made an enquiry. They offered a very low rate i.e. RM150 for a triple deluxe room (1 queen size and 1 single bed) but they asked us whether to look at the room first and I agreed. Soon after I entered the room...I immediately confirmed because the room was very big..I think can squeeze 10 persons inside. They also offered buffet package for 'berbuka puasa' at RM12 per pax which we took since we felt tired enough to look for place to break our fast at that time. Soon after I found my bed, I landed my body and my sored eyes immediately shut. I woke up just before Maghrib and went straight to the cafeteria. Well, the food was good enough for it's price. After maghrib I continued sleeping until sahur time.
View from the KK Rest House... where we can see the Sayong bridge.
At 4.30am, Nazir woke me up for sahur. We hadn't decided where to take our sahur, so, we just gambled. I drove the van to find a place to eat early in the morning in a town that is dead at night. We're not sure of our luck. Lucky enough we found a stall. After subuh, we continued sleeping.
At around 10.00am we checked out from the rest house and still blur where to go. Some of us suggested to visit the museum!!!...haha. I finally decided to go to Taiping (about 20km from KK) since I've not been there for long. Faizol and Had also attended their secondary school there. In my mind I can only think of Bukit Larut(Maxwell Hill) and Taman Tasik in Taiping. SO, we went straight to Bukit Larut. Actually, I've been to Bukit Larut during my secondary school for a trip (for history subject) to Kuala Kangsar and Taiping but I almost forgot about everything of Bukit Larut.
To go up the hill, we cannot use our own vehicle eventhough there is a road leading straight up (about 10km). SO, we have to pay RM6 for a return ticket of a 4WD provided by the authority. But, the next trip is at 2pm. We still have an hour to kill. So, we just made a tour at the Taman Tasik.
Down the memory lane.
We have to park our car here. We can walk up the hill or pay RM6 for a return fare.
Buy your return ticket at the left hand side building.
At 3.45pm, we were already at the Bukit Larut...waiting for our trip. The journey up the hill was quite challenging. That's why they don't allow public to use their own vehicle. There are too many sharp and steep bends along the way and the gradient is almost 45%-60%...I guess. Normal car will not have the power to climb. Along the way we can see a lot of people especially Chinese were jogging and there are a lot of resting places. The view at the top was very nice and the weather was very clear on that day. SO, we can see clearly the Taiping town from above. One thing I was wondering, why they call it a hill since I think it deserves to be called a mountain because it is 1036m above sea level. Maybe I don't know what's the criteria to be a mountain but it is very high...higher than Mount Datuk at Negeri Sembilan.
4pm, we went down and headed straight back to Melaka and stopped at Tg. Malim to break our fast.
The 4WD used to climb the hill. A lot of steep and sharp bends. No wonder own vehicle is not allowe.
At 1036 m, I think it deserves to be called a mountain...Mount Larut, not a hill.
View of Taiping town from the hilltop...(not really the hilltop...almost). The weather was so wonderful that day.
Fasting faces of 'The Underestimates'. ..tired but lucky.



Conclusion:
1. Bingka ubi jangan disangka kuih jagung.
2. Kalau dah ada rezeki tertulis kat tempat tu, suatu hari kita pasti akan kembali.
3. Fasting never stop us from doing the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment